Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Divine Connect

I hate missing dates of important things. And something as important as a beauty pageant is worth keeping track of. So, I am thankful to TOI of reminding me that the Miss India pageant is round the corner. As much interest as the approaching pageant shall generate, the pageantry of last year also drew a lot of interest, and in particular the Ms Universe pageant that kept me enthralled for the reasons which you, my dear readers, shall get to know in the following text. Allow me to relive those moments which till now were privy to me but shall be made known for the greater good of mankind.
29th May’07:“Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.” Never used to believe in this, until today when I got up at the twilight hour of 7 this morning.
When the whole world was snoring I braved the lingering sleep in my eyes, drove it away, and left the warmth of my bed. It was a call of duty. I entered the darkness of the living room and almost every object there questioned my presence at that unearthly hour. The hostility was palpable. By then the remote was already there in my hands. I pressed the button and the TV blinked to life. Tulsi was still crying. A few channels up and I found my senses alert. This is what I was looking for. Every image on the screen was screaming for attention. I pulled a chair close to the TV, adjusted my glasses, and sat down to focus my senses on the unfolding saga - swimwear round of Ms Universe 2007. Puja was walking towards me. Stunningly beautiful she had all of me arrested in a state of awe. God must have taken at least a hundred years before he approved of this creation. I took in all of her in my eyes and closed them shut lest she escaped. There she was standing before me in all her splendor. This is love! Finally it had happened. I could feel my heart fluttering away. She smiled at me and I blushed. In moments she walked into my arms and confessed her love for me.
I opened my eyes. She was still standing there. The camera panned to the next contestant. My heart skipped a beat. Ms Mexico was oozing her charm and beauty from every pixel of the screen. Chiseled to perfection, with looks to die for, her hair making Mexican waves stole their way to my heart. For a moment we both stared at each other. I could feel the divine connect between us. Now this has to be love! Hardly had we settled happily ever after when Ms Philippines stepped into the screen. Puja and the Mexican lass got eclipsed. The confusion in my heart cleared; and I understood that the divine connect was actually meant for Ms Philippines. She cavorted and danced her way to my soul. My existence had suddenly found its meaning. No sooner had this realization donned on me than I found myself reconsidering my precious divine connect to Ms Philippines. Ms Australia with her dainty presence filled life into the lifeless idiot box and corrected the anomaly of the divine connect.
Rest of the story is too mushy to be relived publicly. All I can share is that I found true love on almost ten occasions and the divine connect last remembered was with Ms Brazil.

No comments: